IZU TRAIL Journey 2019
Asia Trail Master series race
The concept of the race is to understand and respect the natural, historical and cultural treasures of Izu Peninsula and to contribute to the sustainable development and co-existence of trail running in this area.
Race Concept : The creation of a new journey in Izu
Saturday, December 7, 2019
Racer check-in - 11:00am-8:00pm
Racer briefing (in English) - 6:00pm-6:30pm
Location: Matsuzaki Town Environment Improvement Center
Sunday, December 8, 2019
Race start - 6:00am
Location: Matsuzaki Town Matsuzaki New Port
Matsuzaki Town, Matsuzaki to Shuzenji, Izu City
(Shizuoka Prefecture area including Matsuzaki Town, Nishiizu Town, Kawazu Town, Numazu City and Izu City)
Izu Trail Running Race Committee
GOLDWIN INC. (THE NORTH FACE), COINEY INC.
*other sponsors TBA
Overall Race Director
Race Course Producer
Japan Tourism Agency, Japan Sports Agency, Shizuoka Prefecture, Numazu City, Kawazu Town, Izu Development Association, Izu Peninsula Geopark Development Association, Japan Forest Recreation Association, Kawazu Tourist Bureau, Matsuzaki Town Athletic Association, Izu Hakone Railway Co., Tokai Bus Group.
Cumulative Altitude Gain (+) 4,408m
Time Limit: 14 hours (6:00am – 8:00pm)
*We are currently in the process of registering with the ITRA and the UTMB to be a qualifying race (3 new points under the new point system)
*Asia Trail Master Japan Super Trail
Awards & priority entry rights for next year's race for the top 10 finishers in the men's category and top 5 finishers in the women's category.
Number of Racers
(Regular entries 1190, Furusato Nouzei 210 (Matsuzaki, Nishiizu, Izu), overseas entries 100)
JPY 20,000 (including tax and insurance)
※Entry fees cannot be refunded (fully or partially) for whatever reason once you’ve
registered for the race.
*Regarding insurance: Group accident insurance is included in the entry fee however if you are coming from overseas, it is highly recommended that you enroll in an overseas travel insurance plan that will cover you for the duration of your stay in Japan (and in particular during the race). The coverage provided by the race’s group accident insurance plan is s a supplemental plan geared towards Japanese residents who already have Japanese Health Insurance coverage and does not cover hospital expenses outside of Japan.
Non-residents (and non-Japanese speaking residents who need to sign up in English):
Sat. Jun 1, 2019 12:00 (noon) – Wed. Jul 31, 11:59pm (First come first serve basis)
1) Any male or female 18 years of age or older as of race day.
2) You must have confidence to complete the race within the time limit without getting lost.
3) You must have completed at least one trail running race that is 30 km or longer during the period between
June 1, 2017 up until race registration date. (*Special note)
(*) Special Note: The qualifying trail running race must meet the following conditions outlined by the Izu Trail Journey 2019 rules & regulations:
1. The course and distance is officially announced by the race organizer.
2. Results must be timed and be confirmable by the race organizer.
3. The course must consist of at least 70% or a minimum of 21km of non-paved trail.
4. The cumulative altitude gain must be greater than 1000 meters or have an altitude difference of a minimum of
Conditions to Participate
1) You must be capable of coping with difficulties on your own without outside assistance (whether it be altitude,
weather, mental or physical issues). You are responsible for your own safety and well-being.
2) You must agree to abide by the all rules and regulations set out by the race. The race is being held in an
environment where there are animals, vegetation as well as other people, and these rules are intended to
minimize the environmental burden and impact on the trails. Also, please give way to hikers and other people
using the trails.
Izu Trail Running Race Committee – Race Office
PJ-01 Shuzenji, Dot Tree Project
75 Shuzenji, Izu-shi, Shizuoka Prefecture, JAPAN 410-2416
TEL: 0558-99-9118 / FAX: 0558-72-8466